It’s almost Valentines Day and that means… Yummiiiii delicious deserts! During this week I’ll be posting some recipes that can be made for a picnic or even just a romantic dinner in your balcony.
A while ago during my Pinterest search I found this recipe for a banana bread with a little twist! I feel in love with it the minute I saw it! Check it out & let me know!
what do you need?
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup of Sour Cream
- 2 TSP of Vanilla Essence
- 2 Mashed ripe bananas
- 1 Cup of Gluten Free all Purpose flour
- 1/2 TSP Baking powder
- 1/2 TSP of baking soda
- a Pitch of salt
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 Large Egg
- 4 Ounces brick style cream cheese
- 1/4 Cup granulated sugar
- 3 TBSP gluten free flour
- Preheat oven to 175C. Spray one loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add the egg, sugars, coconut oil, sour cream, vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Add the bananas and stir to incorporate.
- Add 1 cup flour, baking powder, baking soda, optional salt, and fold with spatula and don’t overmix.
- Turn about two-thirds of the batter out into the prepared pan, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula and pushing it into corners and sides as necessary; set aside.
- Cream Cheese Filling – In a large bowl, add all ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Evenly pour filling mixture over the bread, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula and pushing it into corners and sides as necessary.
- Top with remaining batter, smoothing the top very lightly.
- Bake for about 48 to 50 minutes or until the top is domed, golden, and the center is set, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in pan for about 15 minutes before turning out on a wire rack to cool completely before slicing and serving.
Recipe adapted from: Averiecooks